10.27.2008

coach

Today was my 3rd or 4th Basketball practice with my girls. They really gave it their all and made me proud. A lot of them are overweight / out of shape, but they really tried their best. Alexis is a girl who is about 5'11" and around 300 - 350. She is bigger than the largest teacher at our school, but is such a gentle giant. She's been coming to every workout and has been giving 110%. Today she told me that her godmother commented that she has noticed a difference in Alexis's weight since she has started. In two weeks she has lost 12 pounds!! It feels good to feel like I'm really changing the way she sees herself. She is just so proud of being able to keep up with all of the "skinny" girls. I hope she keeps it up!

This week is going to be crazy busy. Basketball today (I'm so exhausted I can't even get up right now). Tutoring tomorrow until 6. Then tutoring on Wednesday until 5. The band concert on Thursday and Halloween on Friday. Ugh. I'm tired just thinking about it!

No comments: