10.31.2006

Trick or Trick

Last week was very trying. The week before I had been absent on Thursday and Friday due to a conference in Atlantic City. I came back to my classroom, and was greeted by complete chaos. Posters ripped from the walls, whiteout covering brand new desks, chairs and desks overturned (which I think might actually been the janitor pissed off at cleaning up after the crazy kids). Needless to say, all of my students received detention. I wanted to kill them. Even more, I wanted to kill my principal. I gave her and the substitute the work I wanted to be done in my absence. Of course, not a damn thing was done, and the kids were left to have free time. So of course they acted like animals... they had nothing else to do. Then my principal has the nerve to blame me for their misbehavior when she was only one room away the entire time, and coincidentally did not hear or see a damn thing. I was PISSED.

But, this week has gone much better. Sometimes I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of losing control of my class, but I usually gain it back momentarily. Sometimes I give up a little too easily, and I let them take control. Still, I'm not feeling too bad about it all right now. It's just my fucking administration. They need to get their shit together, and soon.

In good news, I am now MATH COACH for the mathletes in my school. How exciting?!!?!?!?

No comments: