8.30.2006

The Day Before

Tomorrow I am to report to school at 8 a.m. for "professional development", whatever that means. Hopefully they will explain my schedule. It looks like I have some kids 8 times a week? I didn't know my school was math intensive! haha.

I am getting excited, nervous, anxious, etc. Realizing that I only really have a few more free days in which to plan for the first week of school. Crap.

I am not the only one with new beginnings in our family. Little Jimmy moved to New Paltz on Sunday, and has already started classes. I'm really excited for him. He seemed a bit nervous as we all left on Sunday evening, but now he seems to be doing well, and hopefully enjoying himself. Sometimes I can't believe how well he is doing, and I feel so proud of him. Maybe one day we can teach at the same school!!!! (He probably wants to go back and teach at CHS though, which is definitely not in my plans)

I also realize that our parents, unfortunately, have no idea what college means. As soon as you go away and are no longer living in their house, they seem to forget that you need money for books and food. Out of sight, out of mind. I'm just glad that I'm going to be making a little more money (a lot more than I'm used to!) and can afford to help a brother out every now and then.

Anyway, I know I'll have much more teacher related stuff to write about once we get this show on the road!

xo

Jessie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how did it goooo!?!?

-Amy